About Us
Payment Info
Contact us  


horizontal rule

Billing and Payment Information 

Every effort will be made to collect payment from your insurance company or from governmental programs, when appropriate.  However, you are ultimately responsible for payment.  When funds are available through the Four County Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services, a sliding fee schedule is used to determine your cost based upon your family size and income. 



Please present your insurance card or policy information to the receptionist when you arrive for your appointment.  We will bill your insurance company when possible. 

Some insurance companies require that a signed and completed claim form accompany any medical claims.  Some require that you contact them for approval before receiving services. 

Please contact your insurance company to get information on what is required and to determine your policy coverage.  You are responsible at the time of service for any co-payment, deductible, or non-covered services as stated by your insurance policy.  Please provide the receptionist with any necessary claim forms.

If you receiving payment directly from the insurance company for services provided, you are responsible for paying the Guidance Center.

If you have two insurance carriers, contact both companies to determine which one is primary for your services.  If benefits are not coordinated between the two insurance companies, a delay in payment may result. 



We will submit a claim to Medicare for all services provided for eligible recipients.  If you have a supplemental insurance to your Medicare, please supply this information at the time of your first visit.  We will also bill the secondary insurance carrier for you. 

You are responsible for any co-payment, deductible, or services not covered by Medicare or your supplemental insurance.  For specific questions on Medicare non-covered services, please contact the Social Security office or refer to your Medicare Handbook.



If you are a Medicaid recipient, please present your Medicaid card to the receptionist each time you arrive for a visit.  You are responsible for paying for any non-covered services and for any period of time during your treatment when benefits are exhausted or you are not eligible for Medicaid.


General Payment Information

To reduce the high cost of billing, we request payment in full on any outstanding balance upon receipt of the bill.  We also accept MasterCard and VISA for payment on your account.  You are responsible for all charges. 

If you have questions or concerns about your bill, call 800-569-3980 for assistance from our billing department.  We will make arrangements for a Payment Plan Schedule for those who are unable to pay their balance in full. 


Proof of Residency and Income Verification

If you qualify for our sliding fee scale your care will, in part, be subsidized by the Four County Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (ADAMhs Board).  The ADAMhs Board requires proof of residency to qualify for this subsidy as well as verification of income in determining what degree of subsidy you may be qualified to receive.  Depending on your length of treatment, you may periodically be required to verify your residency and income.

bullet What to bring at your first visit

- Income verification and deduction documents
    * (2 current pay stubs, unemployment, social security, or retirement income)
- Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare cards
- Guardianship papers - if applicable
- Court papers - if applicable


Send mail to mvgc@defnet.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: 04/18/12